SEVAN HOSTS FIRST SAFETY AWARDS DINNER
Sevan Multi-Site Solutions celebrated outstanding Safety achievements at the Inaugural Sevan Safety Excellence Awards Dinner for clients and Sevan team members in Wheaton, IL, on September 12.
The evening kicked off at Cantigny Golf Club with opening remarks from Sevan’s President & CEO Jim Evans and Vice President of Safety John Garcia.
“You’re not going to change the world overnight, but you can gradually make changes that will raise the bar on every little thing we do,” Evans said. “With Safety and Sustainability, we want to Elevate our game.”
Next was an inspiring presentation by keynote speaker John Spanswick, former CEO of Bovis Lendlease in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. He spoke about his previous experiences in Safety, positive examples, remaining in a safety mindset and always speaking up when something is not safe.
The Sevan Safety Excellence Awards Dinner recognized individuals and teams who have demonstrated a superb safety vision that has achieved excellent outcomes for Sevan Multi-Site Solutions’ clients, customers and contractors. These awards consider safety leadership, innovative thinking and best practices that drive safe business and outcomes while also focusing on the nominees taking care of people, reputation, business and schedules.
Winners of the Sevan Safety Excellence Award represent those setting a new safety standard for construction and project management.
- BP demonstrated their willingness to support safety initiatives with resources and funding
- The runner up, Marathon, has established a safety culture within the construction services team, supporting vendors, general contractors, and their substitutes
- Insperity won in recognition of the self-paced and instructor-led training and tools they provide to Sevan team members
- Town & Country and Ameritek tied for the runner up
Sevan Team Member Category
- Randall Arnold, Project Executive, was honored in the Sevan Employee category
- Karen Peters, Project Manager of Surveying, and Joe Baca, Project Executive, tied for the runner up
“The Sevan Safety Excellence Awards Dinner was extremely important. Why? Because we recognized people for producing safely,” said Garcia. “If we focus on people, everything else falls in line. If we focus on our people’s safety, schedules will be in line. If we focus on people’s safety, budget will be met. If we focus on people’s safety, customers will be satisfied. For us to continue to grow in all areas of our business and as a company, we must focus on our people.”